How to earn from blogging in 5 easy steps?
1. Start a blog and set it up properly; choose your platform and domain intelligently.
2. Create content that is useful and relevant to your target market.
3. Promote the content on the social media platforms and forums, where your target market is active.
4. Build good relationships with your loyal visitors to turn them into promoters.
5. Once you have a steady flow of visitors that trust you, you can sell them products and services that you offer.
Everyone can create a blog, but only a few understand how to utilize it into a moneymaking tool. Website surveys, social media monitoring, use of plugins, and other techniques can help you turn your passion blog into a reliable source of income. Here are the 5 steps you need to know:
Start A Blog
If you still have not started a blog, then perhaps this is the right time you should start one. However, you cannot expect to earn from your writing, if you do not optimize it – something that a lot of bloggers fail to do today.
This process is actually pretty easy; you just need to learn how to do it. Here’s how:
- Choose Your Platform: This is your writing tool. You must remember that different platforms offer different specialties when creating content. You should pick one that is right for you and your vision for your blog.
- Choose Your Domain: This is your blog’s address or URL. Make sure it is readable, unique, and not copyrighted by any other blog (or company). Also, it would be so much better for your blog if you incorporate the presence of good keywords into it. In order to learn the best keywords for your page, you must do a lot of research.
- Configure Your Blog and Design It: Add the necessary plugins and tags to your blog to make sure that your content is easily searchable on your blog’s platform.
- Create Content: Start writing.
The final item of these steps is usually the initial reason as to why one would start blogging. However, to make money from it, it’s important to understand that you must create content that is useful for your target market.
Create Useful Content
In order for your content to earn you money, you need to be able to create content that people will value. The key to doing this is to make it as useful as possible. With technology at the fingertips of the people, they are always searching for solutions to their problems; offer this solution with your content. Provide this on a consistent basis and people will begin to know, like, and trust you. Essentially, doing this is an important prerequisite to a later step in this process.
Getting addicted to creating blog posts is a high risk that you have to avoid. This is because you may end up ignoring an important step in the moneymaking process of blogging, which is marketing. In order for your content to get readers and consumers, you must promote it efficiently.
You must keep in mind that traffic is good, but not all people coming from this traffic become readers. In order to convert them, you must know their personas. A persona is a fictional but an intelligent representation of your ideal reader. This would include what they like and their preferences. A good way to gather data on these demographics is by conducting surveys.
By knowing the persona(s) of your ideal reader(s), you will find out which social media websites they thrive in. They may frequently be consuming certain blogs, forums, podcasts, or social networks. You can gain some idea for your content by taking note of the accounts they follow on various social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Once you know what they like, you can begin to develop your presence on these platforms yourself. You can do this by leaving a valuable comment, making guest posts for other blogs, or by simply being helpful through answering questions on forums. The goal is to become credible and trustworthy to your ideal visitors. Once you achieve that, you could attract them to read your blog.
If you’ve done the previous step successfully, then you will notice that you will get more engagements into your blog. When this happens, don’t start relaxing and don’t leave them be.
This step is much like when you have visitors at home, you would want to welcome them warmly and be a good host. The same practice should be exercised when you have visitors online. You can do this by responding to comments and chatting with them personally. They may raise a concern or give you hints on future content you can write. Deliver this content and make necessary revisions based on their feedback.
The aim of doing this is to achieve visitor satisfaction. When visitors are satisfied they can become buyers and promoters. They will spread word that you have a great blog and it will attract new traffic, which effectively allows you to start the conversion process again.
With satisfied visitors, you have the potential market to convert into buyers. These are the people that trust you to add value in their lives. Because they have this trust with you, they have a high probability of availing a product that you offer or promote (given that this product is of significance to them).
This loyalty will, then, become the foundation you need to turn your blog into a business. Readers that have loyalty will do one or some of the following:
- Buy a product or service that you offer.
- Avail of your premium content.
- Visit your offline business.
- Donate money for you to use.
- Click on the advertisements that you host on your blog.
- Attend promoted events.
If your readers do any of the actions listed above, then you have successfully turned them into buyers. Either they buy directly from you by purchasing a product that you offer or they purchase it from an advertiser, wherein you will get paid with commission.
To recap, you need to create a stable blog with useful content that you promote efficiently to get readers. Make sure that you satisfy these readers with quality content and service so that you can engage them to buy from you or the companies that you promote. Repeat the process to grow your audience to unlimited number.